Products & Services
|English: Repartition map of the languages over the world (version blank of key). See File:Languages world map.svg for full description. Esperanto: Mapo de la etendo de la lingvoj en la mondo (senpriskriba versio) Français : Carte de la répartition des langues dans le monde (version vierge de légende) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
Language Training Programs for Business, Individual & Groups
- Native proficiency in the target language.
- Considerable language teaching or private tutoring experience; instructors with corporate client experience are given preference.
- A college-level degree in the target language or an equivalent education.
- Professional references, which are carefully checked.
- Samples of previous curriculum and training development.
- Instructors are trained in the ACTFL Proficiency Guidelines and Principals, Global LT Instructional Philosophy, Code of Conduct, Oral Proficiency Interview, and Course Development/Curriculum specific to his/her target language.
- Our Teacher Website gives our instructors the opportunity to share ideas and discuss strategies for providing customized language lessons according to the principles of the proficiency-based approach. This ensures that consistent quality is maintained in our program delivery models around the globe.
- Language instructors are evaluated by their students on their preparation, professionalism and effectiveness in teaching throughout their program.
- Language instructors are evaluated regularly by our language training department staff.
Language Training Courses for Children of Expatriates
Language Training: Spouse or Partner Program
- Use greetings, salutations and expressions of courtesy in social and professional situations.
- Understand and respond to requests for individual and family biographical information: names, relationships, nationalities and occupations.
- Utilize numbers to understand prices, dates, times and telephone numbers.
- Ask and tell the time of day and express dates: days of the week, months and seasons.
- Use simple phrases to accomplish everyday activities: ask directions, make phone calls, purchase postage, buy groceries and clothing, order food in a restaurant and exchange currency.
- Explain basic symptoms to a doctor using rehearsed words and expressions.
- Ask and answer simple questions relating to personal experience: hobbies, homes, school, weather, etc.
- Entertain foreign visitors, order food, and discuss cultural differences.